Password Used Wrongly
Anything used wrongly is harmful and so are UV, disinfectant and passwords.
Citizens do not stop re-using the passwords across multiple accounts despite the persistently repeated warnings of security professionals, as discussed in this report - https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/05/05/logmein_password_survey/
Our view is that we would be unable to dissuade those individuals from registering absurdly weak passwords and re-using the same passwords unless we are able to offer them practicable alternatives.
Click this link for the practicable alternatives that we promote - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/proposition-how-build-sustainable-digital-identity-platform-kokumai/
Expanded Password System that drastically alleviates the password fatigue is supportive of
– Two/multi-factor authentications that require passwords as one of the factors
– ID federations such as password managers and single-sign-on services that require passwords as the master-password
– Biometrics that require passwords as a fallback means against false rejection (on the assumption that users are correctly informed that it is better convenience, not higher security, that the use of biometrics brings.)
– Simple pictorial/emoji-passwords and patterns-on-grid that can all be deployed on our platform
* All with the effects that handling memorable images makes us feel pleasant and relaxed
– Nothing would be lost for the people who want to keep using textual passwords
– It enables us to turn a low-entropy password into a high-entropy authentication data
– It is easy to manage the relation between accounts and the corresponding passwords
– It helps deter various phishing attacks
– It helps to build practicable Brain-Machine/Computer-Interface
– It helps with Self-Sovereign Identity and Bring Your Own Identity
Lastly but not the least, it is democracy-compatible by way of providing the chances and means to get our own volition confirmed in our identity assurance.
Expanded Password System is now at the stage of Draft Proposal’ for OASIS Open Projects.