Technical Lead (BB-93538)
次の場所にあります: Neuvoo JP
Tigerspike Tokyo is looking for a Technical Lead who is an essential part of the engineering team. They provide both day-to-day oversight of the projects to which they are assigned and also assist the Technical Director in the management and maintenance of the local engineering team. They are close enough to the implementation that they need to stay abreast of the latest processes, designs, and tools of their chosen tech stacks but should refrain from putting themselves on the "critical path" for engineering implementation wherever possible, instead favouring a higher level view of the project and its (technical) goals.
Technical Leads at Tigerspike are expected to lead teams of software engineers in the research, design, implementation, testing and maintenance of software that supports Tigerspike's business goals. Technical Leads need to demonstrate good leadership and communication skills, be able to problem solve, be self-motivated and able to motivate other team members. In order to overcome the challenges that Tigerspike has as a business Technical Leads should be able to quickly learn and utilise new technologies and be a source of ideas on how emerging technologies can help Tigerspike's business.
Technical Leads must be able to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to a wide variety of people of varying technical ability and knowledge including clients, other development team members, project managers, sales staff, senior managers and suppliers.
We want people who love being involved in challenging and innovative work. If you are excited to learn new things and thrive in a team-based culture where you have a lot of fun along the way, then Tigerspike could be the place for you!
- Be principal technical contact for multiple simultaneous projects (subject to project scope), including
- Attending Sprint planning and showcase meetings
- Liaising with Production team for Project Status
- Escalating issues to Technical Director as required
- Ensure quality of developed software by team members
- Tech Leads are expected to spend approximately 15% of their time on team and project health-related activities
- Drive standards and ensure adoption and adherence by team members
- Liaising with client SMEs
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors as project needs dictate
Line and Team Management
- Directly manage engineers (up to Snr level) including
- Regular 1-1 catch-ups, training requests etc.
- Solicit and collate regular 360 feedback from colleagues
- Provide performance feedback to Technical Director (ad hoc and during annual reviews)
- Participate in local Engineering planning meetings with Technical Director, other Technical Leads and Principal Engineers
- Contribute to technical pre-sales (as directed by Technical Director), including
- Qualifying commercial opportunities from a technical point of view
- Providing high- and mid-level development estimates for commercial proposals
- Providing technical subject matter expertise during sales calls and meetings
- Reviewing and providing feedback on outgoing Commercials and Statements of Work (as directed by the Technical Director)
Technical leads are expected to act as Senior Engineers as required on their assigned projects:
- Support application development efforts through the development and maintenance of tools, scripts, or ancillary project infrastructure
- Contribute to the software design processes including participating in:
- Whiteboard sessions
- Quickly understand software designs and architectures for technical projects
- Follow defined development best practices, including wiki contributions, code commenting and documentation, source control
- Execute test plans (where necessary)
- Develop software
- Participating in workshops
- Author software designs and architectures for technical projects
- Critique software designs and architectures.
- Peer review colleagues code
- Provide accurate development task effort estimates
- Review test plans
- Critique application wireframes, use cases, user journeys and designs
- Identify project development tasks
- Mentor more junior colleagues
Work permit & language
We looking for the person who has Valid Employment rights(VISA) in Japan.
Both of Fluent Japanese and English skills in speaking, writing, and reading.
- Solution designs
- Comments, advice and expert opinion
Personal and Behavioural
- Is widely trusted and is seen as an approachable, direct, honest and truthful individual, presenting the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- An effective listener, well-developed emotional intelligence
- Demonstrates the values enshrined in the Tigerspike Way
- Flexibility and openness to a variety of different technical assignments
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet commitments
- Self-aware and transparent. Embraces feedback and admits mistakes
- Has keen eye for detail in own and other's’ work, including documentation
- Works collaboratively and relates well to all kinds of people and builds and maintains constructive and effective relationships
- Driven to learn and seek continual improvement
- Effective and accurate, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic about technology
Key Internal/External Contacts and Purpose
- Internal stakeholders including other engineers, testers, project managers, Agile coaches, designers and senior management
- Technical experts from technology suppliers and vendors
- Customers as required to provide technical support and design clarification
- Technical Representatives from other companies
- Great team culture – regular Friday afternoon drinks and mingle, free team lunches every Friday
- Mobile phone allowance
- Annual personal and professional development training allowances
- Regular social events
- Many opportunities to work in other global office locations such as Singapore, London, Wroclaw, Melbourne, New York, Sydney and Dubai
- 20 days annual leave rising to 25 days after two years of service and 30 after five years.
Tigerspike is a digital products company improving people’s lives through technology. Focusing on strategy, experience design, development and systems integration, our work is hinged on five key values: Transparency, Resilience, Problem-solving, Energy, and Curiosity. We have a reputation for innovation and creating long-term partnerships with customers such as Emirates Airlines, American Express, Kaiser Permanente, Westfield, Telstra, 7-Eleven, New Look, Service NSW & DIRECTV.
Our People are our culture and that is what makes us unique. Founded in 2003 with a team spanning 10 global offices and counting, we are excited to continue supporting businesses #TheTigerspikeWay.
So what happens next?
Once we've received your application, we'll give it as much attention as it deserves and you'll hear from us either way. If we think you could be a good addition to our team, we will give you a call and from there you'll cruise through our recruitment process.
Powered by JazzHR